Friday 13 July 2012

Chocolate orange cupcakes


My sister has just finished her degree and graduated with a first (congratulations!) so I decided to make her some cupcakes. I found a posh orange extract in Sainsbury’s so thought it would make a nice change to make some fruity cupcakes. I cheated and used chocolate fudge icing I bought from the shop but I have to say it’s YUMMY! I took the recipe from my Bake Me I’m Yours……Cupcake book (I have used this recipe in a previous post).

So to make 24 cupcakes:

225 g caster sugar
225 g butter, softened
4 eggs
225 g self raising flour
1 tsp orange extract
1 tub of Betty Crocker chocolate fudge icing
Edible letters (I used Silverspoon white chocolate ones)

Heat oven to 175oC (gas 3 or 350oF)

Beat sugar, butter and flour together. Slowly add eggs and extract (….mine curdled!) and keep beating. Mix until well combined and quite light. The mix is described to be a ‘soft dropping consistency’ when it is ready. It doesn’t take me long to get to this stage. Divide the mix into the cupcake cases and bake for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. I like using pretty cases and these ones were pink with butterflies on them. Use a cocktail stick to check they are cooked. I always check the biggest cake and the stick should come out clean. Turn out onto a cooling rack and leave for a good hour before icing. I just spread the icing on and then spelt out ‘congratulations’ with the white chocolate letters. For the left over cakes I sprinkled them with sugar stars. And here they are!






I'm sorry that the pictures are on the side but I'm not technical enough to work out how to change it! :(
Lizzi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment